Animated Film Evaluation 6:37 PM

Did you manage to finish a film, finished or not?

Yes, whilst Petra and I did not have time to create the battle scene and twist ending, we instead turned it into a movie that ends at the start of the climax, finishing it at the books and stationary lining up for the battle and inserting a ‘To Be Continued’ style title at the end.

What was your animation about?

The animation was about a fight between textbooks and stationary about who was more helpful in the classroom, and in the end they realized how silly it all was and agreed not to fight.

As far as what we originally planned, there was then a twist ending where it ended with the USB’s turning up, and it would end with them demanding that they were better than anyone.

Did you manage your time well?

I think if Petra had done any filming whilst I was at camp, we would have finished the whole film (the battle scene would have taken the whole week, tops), because after that, in the last week, there was just no time. Other than that, I think we managed our time fairly well, but there definitely was room for improvement. I think next time I might work with someone who distracts me a little less (no offence to Petra).

Did you encounter any problems whilst making your film?

There were several.

  1. When we wasted a whole lesson trying to print off a backdrop because the printer wouldn’t print it in the right size
  2. When we had to set up the lighting and camera angles perfectly for the scene where I wound the stationary down on the line, so it didn’t show (although that was more of a challenge than a problem)
  3. When Petra didn’t film over camp, it was a huge time loss.

Could your film have been improved?

Yes, if we had more time or if Petra had filmed over camp, we could have finished.

Are you happy with your film?

I am happy with our film, but not as happy as I could have been, had it been finished, because I thought we had a pretty good storyline, especially our twist ending.

0 comments:

Post a Comment